How the Cool Irvine Green Challenge Works
- Teams will meet 5 to 8 times
- Teams will meet 5 to 8 times on your block or building meet 4-9 times as your group decides.
- Teams will share and rotate hosting the meetings for each topic every two or three weeks with the support of a Topic Meeting Guide.
- The meetings last 1 to 1.5 hours and focus on climate solutions, disaster preparednes, and community resilience.
- Between meetings, participants work with their household and team to take action.
- The meetings follow a three-part rhythm. Review actions taken, share new actions to be taken, review the following topic.
That's it! Everything you need to do is on the easy-to-use BrightAction website.
Note: If you wish to join , you will receive comprehensive training, tools and coaching support.
Why Its Cool to be a Cool Irvine Leader
If any of the descriptions below describe you, you are the perfect fit to be one of Irvine's Cool Leaders:
- I care about the planet I will leave to my children and the next generations, and I wish to make sure I have done my part to make the future as viable as possible for them.
- I wish to protect the safety and security of my family in case of an emergency or natural disaster and recognize that my security and that of neighbors will be enhanced if we know how to support one another.
- I have been living on my block for a long time, but I don’t really know most of my neighbors, and I would like to experience a greater sense of community and neighborliness where I live.
- I would like to create a greener, friendlier, and more beautiful block for us all to enjoy.
- I would like to improve my leadership skills.
- I wish to be on the cutting edge of climate action in my community.
- I wish to be part of a movement that is helping change the world.
What You Need to Do to be a Cool Irvine Leader
- Upon program launch, assume the role of team leader and engage in neighbor recruitment.
- Organize a cohesive team comprising five to eight households within your block. Host both an informative session and a team-building meeting.
- Maintain team coherence and focus, steering them towards accomplishing their individual and collective objectives. Following the initial recruitment phase, meeting responsibilities will be collectively managed by the team.
- Each team's program duration spans approximately 4.5 months, encompassing 5 to 8 meetings, held bi-weekly or monthly.
- No prior experience is necessary, as comprehensive tools, technical support, and training are provided to ensure success.
Are you prepared to embark on your journey as a Cool Irvine Leader?